Upgrade Your Room with New Lighting or Repair an Existing Light
We understand the importance of having a well-lit home or office. Milton Electric offers various lighting fixture installation services to help you achieve the perfect look. Our electricians can install most light fixtures, from chandeliers to recessed lighting. We also offer a variety of lighting fixture repair and replacement services. If your light fixture is damaged, we can help you find a replacement and install it.
While many people can handle the installation of a new light fixture as a weekend project, it is always best to contact a professional electrician to ensure the job is done right and to avoid any potential hazards. Installation of a new light fixture can be a tricky process and one that is best left to an electrician with the proper tools and experience.
We offer a variety of light fixtures installation services, including:
- New fixture installation
- Replacement fixture installation
- Repair/service of existing light fixtures
- Custom light fixture installation
- Light fixture removal
- Light fixture installation in a tight space service
- Installing outdoor fixtures
Types of lights Milton installs and repairs include:
- Chandelier lighting
- Track lighting
- Media room lighting
- Lamp lighting
- Artwork lighting
- Kitchen lighting
- Recessed lighting
- Accent lighting
- Pot lighting
- Fluorescent lighting
- And more
3 Main Types of Lighting
- Ambient lighting – Ambient lighting refers to the primary light source in the room and should illuminate the space in a uniform, soft glow. A dimmer switch can help regulate the brightness of the lighting. Recessed lighting or a prominent surface-mounted or semi-recessed ceiling light fixture are all excellent options for ambient lighting.
- Task lighting – This type of lighting provides focused illumination where needed most. For example, under-counter lighting above the kitchen prep area, wall-mounted goose-neck lamp for reading or computer work, LED lighting inside cabinets or closets, pendant lighting above a kitchen island, or sconces on either side of a vanity makeup mirror.
- Accent lighting – This type of lighting provides decorative illumination. For example, track lighting or a chandelier to illuminate a dining area, picture lights to highlight artwork, or wall sconces to add ambiance to a dining room.